Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog "Have you read with your child today?" I am glad to have you here.

My name is Bethany, and I am currently a stay-at-home Mom. I am certified to teach in the state of Texas and taught elementary school for three years before our son was born. I've always loved children and books. My son and I make weekly trips to our local library where we enjoy listening to stories during story time as well as choosing new books to borrow. We also enjoy buying new books for our own library.

Research shows the value of reading with children. It is my hope through this blog to encourage parents and other adults to read with a child on a regular basis.

Please check back frequently for new book recommendations. It is my goal at this point to review books by a variety of authors as well as a variety of topics.